The Siberian forum Industry of information systems is annually held since 2002 and proved as a bright and significant business event in Siberian region.
Forum organizers are Innovative IT Cluster of the Novosibirsk region in the face of NP "SibAcademSoft", Technopark of Novosibirsk Akademgorodok, the Government of the Novosibirsk region, ITE Siberia, Siberian State University of Telecommunications and Informatics, IASA, GAU ARIS, the mayor's office of Novosibirsk.
The IT event is held by official support and participation of the Office of Presidential Plenipotentiary Envoy to the Siberian Federal District, Siberian branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation, Novosibirsk Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Information & Computer Technologies Industry Association (“AP KIT”), Siberian universities. The Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation included SIIS 2016 in the official event list of the Innovative IT and biopharmaceutic cluster in Novosibirsk region.
Participants and initiators of forum events are leading Russian IT companies, associations of software/information system developers and producers, government and regional authorities, state concern and production plant representatives.
The forum visitors can obtain information about latest information technologies, get acquainted with brand-new computer devices, software and modern communication equipment, and explore innovative solutions suitable for effective implementation in certain economic sector. The 8-th SIIS forum is organized in cooperation with the exhibition company ITE Siberia supported by leaders of world and domestic IT sector (Intel, Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Rostelecom, IBM, Fujitsu, Cisco, Oracle)
At the end of 2015, the Government of the Russian Federation approved the development program of IT sector. This program will have significant changes for IT companies for the next four years. According to the paper the program will focus on training of skilled personnel, development of educational standards for IT sector, update of current curricula. Promoting a profession of IT technicians through mass media with simultaneous increase of adult computer competence should change the issue of skilled personnel. During training period IT technicians should develop business and management competence. Besides, a number of actions to improve business conditions (including export) and to develop scientific school in IT sector are worked out. To simplify entrance to the market for new companies some measures for support of small enterprises will be taken, particularly special tax regulations, additional support of IT startups. Besides that, to give support to the Russian IT market long-term government orders for IT product developments, including military industrial sector will be offered. Expanding research activities should be achieved through additional financing, especially at least 25 scientific teams will be formed to fulfill high impact IT research. The main aspects of research work will be production of domestic cloud technologies, supercomputing, and development of Russian supercomputers as well. In general, further actions to phase out gradually foreign products in IT sector and other special economy sectors are planned.
Using IT technologies in several sectors of social and economy activities (such as education, health care, housing and public services, transportation, central and local government services etc.) is an integral part of everyday life. Combined work of IT experts and professionals from other fields to find effective solutions can improve these systems, reach synergies; all that becomes a current trend.
That’s why the main theme of the SIIS 2016 is announced as ‘Russia’s IT sector – synergetic effect’. During the forum IT experts, regional multipliers and representatives of public sector and business gain an opportunity to work out combined solutions of different issues public sector and private business are trying to tackle.
Forum period: 06.04-08.04.2016
Location: International exhibition center Novosibirsk Expo Center, ul. Stanzionnaya 104
Participants: 1000 – 1500 persons
- Top managers and professionals of Russian and international IT companies
- Top managers, IT CEOs, IT technicians of different institutions
- State concern representatives
- State officials
- Research scientists
- Lecturers, postgraduate students, students, secondary school students
- Non-profit partnership SibAcademSoft
- State autonomous institution of Novosibirsk region ARIS
The forum is officially supported by:
- Ministry of Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation;
- Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation;
- Presidential Plenipotentiary Envoy to the Siberian Federal District;
- Government of Novosibirsk region;
- Novosibirsk Mayor’s Office
- Novosibirsk Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- Department of Informatization and Development of Telecommunication Technology of Novosibirsk region;
- Informatization Council of Transregional Association of Siberian Cities;
- Association of Russian innovative regions;
- OJSC Russian Venture Company;
- Institute of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Geophysics of Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Institute of Informatics System of Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Siberian State University of Telecommunications and Information Sciences